Ask An Expert: (614) 836-2366
- Integrated PLC monitors and controls the sterilizer cycle, ensuring 100% kill of all bacteria in waste batch.
- ASME pressure rated vessel with integral waste tracks for easy loading.
- Manual safety door lock bar interlinked to sterilizer controls ensures door mechanism is locked prior to pressurization of vessel.
- Pneumatically actuated breech lockdoor and inflatable door seal.
- Pneumatic safety lock pin energized by sterilizer control prevents door opening while unit is pressurized.
- Single channel circular temperature chart recorder provides permanent documentation of each batch cycle.
HOW THE STERILIZER WORKS
- Once waste is placed into the sterilizer the operator closes the door, engages the manual safety door lock bar and energizes the cycle start.
- The pneumatic lock pin engages and steam ejectors create a vacuum to remove all air from the chamber. The vacuumed air is channeled through a heat exchanger and condensed via cooling water and piped down the customer supplied drain.
- Sterilizer is pressurized with steam until desired temperature is reached.
- The waste is held at the specified temperature and required duration of time to ensure sterilization.
- After sterilization is complete, the pressure blow down cycle is initiated to vent the steam from the sterilizer through the heat exchanger.
- At 10 psi the steam ejectors actuate, creating a vacuum, to speed the blow down cycle and evacuate the residual steam from the sterilizer.
- Upon vacuum cycle completion, the sterilizer is brought back to atmospheric pressure by actuating a relief vent valve.
- A pressure switch senses when there is no pressure in the sterilizer and deflates the door seal.
- The manual safety door lock bar is opened.
- Upon confirmation by the sterilizer control that there is no pressure in the sterilizer, the pneumatic safety lock pin is retracted.
- The autoclave door may now be safely opened by the operator.
- The waste carts are then removed from the sterilizer and dumped into a compactor for disposal or into a shredder to render the waste unrecognizable prior to disposal.